Welcome to This Pink Rooster! I’m Sue Plote…wife, mom, Nana…and a glass half full kinda gal! I live on a farm in northern Illinois with my fella of thirty years…and I don’t know how it happened so quickly, but our kiddos are all grown up. We’ve got two grandsons and a granddaughter, too. They’re my people…and I adore them!
I don’t want to get all sappy here…so I’m gonna share a few random facts instead:
- As a little girl I was always making something. One of my favorites was a covered wagon made out of a shoe box and some leftover fabric.
- I dreamed of becoming an interior designer…so of course I studied and worked for more than twenty years in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy. True story.
- One of my jobs in graduate school was to check master’s thesis projects for grammar and plagiarism. Good times.
- I stepped away from work in my field nearly ten years ago…was inspired by a set of vintage canisters to start a blog called This Pink Rooster…and never stepped back.
- I love making cards…but my heart truly belongs to gift packaging.
I’m so happy you are…and I’d love to hear from you, too. Drop me a note to say hi!
PS – My life is crazy…so random breaks from posting are kinda the norm for me.