Welcome! I’m so glad you’re hopping with the Crafty Friends today! We hop each month featuring a favorite company…and this month’s feature is Concord & 9th! There’s SO MUCH to love about this company…and guess what? They’re helping us celebrate the Crafty Friends with a 20% discount when you shop through any Design Team Member. Check out the details below!
and my all time favorite, Everyday Purse. This little purse really is the most perfect packaging for small gifts and sweet treats for moms, for little girls or for anyone who loves purses!
When I was a little girl I loved novelty purses…shaped purses, colorful purses and purses with fur and buttons and tassels. I remember so vividly at the age of only four or five being enchanted by a tiny, plastic purse that held a plastic rain hat…the hat that the older church ladies wore to keep their freshly washed and curled hair in place. It’s funny the things we remember, isn’t it? Anyway…I had such fun with my purses as a child…so I thought it would be fun to create some fun purses today.
I started with this sweet strawberry purse…made especially for my grandaughter, Hayley. A yummy treat in a strawberry purse…what could be better? So…I’ll fill this one with dried strawberries or strawberry fruit snacks for my favorite sweet girl.
Then…I grabbed some of my favorite colors and got busy creating this popsicle clutch purse…and I already know how I’ll use this one, too! It’s the perfect size to gift a card for a sweet, cool treat from our amazing, local custard shop. And isn’t that little popsicle tie on just the cutest?
Thanks for hopping with the Crafty Friends. Now hop over to see what my talented, Crafty Friend Sara has for you!
Sue Plote (That’s me!)
Click below or print and scan the project page to see all the supplies used in today’s post. (Affiliate links used.) And don’t forget…use the Craftyfriends20 code when you shop at Concord & 9th!
- Concord & 9th Everyday Purse Bundle
- Condord & 9th Sweet Strawberries Bundle
- Concord & 9th Cool Treats Turnabout Bundle
- Cardstock - Orange Fizz, Black Licorice, Blu Raspberry, Hot Fudge, Red Hot, Razzle Berry
- Basics - Scan code to see basics.
- Step 1 Strawberry Purse – Cut purse base and handles in red and assemble.
- Step 2 Cut purse tops in blue and adhere to purse.
- Step 3 Die cut large strawberry leaves in blue and eight (8) strawberry blossoms in white. Adhere to purse as shown.
- Step 4 Add small, black button, if desired.
- Step 5 Die cut purse tag in white, and cut “sweet” letters in black.
- Step 6 Stamp “girl” onto tag using black ink and adhere “sweet” letters.
- Step 7 Tie tag onto purse with black and white twine.
- Step 8 Popsicle Purse – Cut purse base in orange and assemble.
- Step 9 Cut two purse sides in pink, trim to create layers, and adhere to purse sides.
- Step 10 Die cut several small circles in dark brown and add to pink layer.
- Step 11 Die cut purse tops in blue and adhere.
- Step 12 Die cut one purse handle in orange, fold it in half and attach to purse using mini attacher.
- Step 13 Die cut two (2) purse buttons and two (2) small rectangles in dark brown. Adhere together and add to purse to create “clasp”.
- Step 14 Die cut purse tassle pieces in blue and assemble.
- Step 15 Die cut popsicle tag pieces as shown and assemble.
- Step 16 Add tassle and popsicle tag to purse with pink and white twine.