It’s Launch Party, Day Three…and I’m so happy you’re here! Today’s celebration is an inspiration challenge..and I hope you love it. And…as usual…there’s a giveaway, too!
I’m often asked what inspired me to name my blog This Pink Rooster…and of course…it’s an interesting story. Several years ago I lost my job…and a few days after that my mom asked me to take her and a friend to an antique mall about an hour away to pick something up. Boy…I didn’t want to! I had literally had not one minute alone since I was told I would no longer have a job…and I just wanted to have some time by myself to deal with it. But…she wouldn’t take no for answer…and I finally agreed to go. In that antique mall…I stumbled across this quirky, fun set of canisters. They were a little pricey…so I almost left without them…but I went back for them…despite the fact that I was no longer employed! I’ve never regretted that decision…and yes…they were the inspiration for the name of my blog. So…here they are…
and I’d love to see how YOU might be inspired by them, too! So…that’s today’s challenge…to create a project inspired by this photo. And here’s mine.
I stamped the bird and branch images from the Best Birds Stamp Set…and die cut them using the Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies. I also die cut a large circle using the Stitched Shapes Framelits in Real Red and stamped it with the grid-like image…and stamped and punched the happy birthday sentiment…both from the same stamp set. I used the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner with the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP…and placed it all on a wide Crumb Cake layer embossed with the Pinewood Planks folder. I added Touches of Nature Elements flower and leaves…and a bit of Island Indigo 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon….and placed everything on a Blushing Bride card base. Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added, too.
- Stamps: Best Birds
- Paper: Whole Lot of Lovely, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate,Whisper White
- Ink: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Real Red
- Tools and Accessories: Birds and Blossoms Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Touches of Nature Elements, Island Indigo 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Pinewood Planks folder
And now…I’d LOVE to see how these canisters inspire you! Create, something fabulous…add it to the link below before 8:00pm (CT) on Monday, March 5, 2018…and I’ll add you to the list for today’s giveaway…which is, by the way…one Party Pandas Clear-Mount Stamp Set AND one package of Tutti-Frutti Cards & Envelopes!
- Your project link MUST be made BEFORE 8:00pm Central Time on Monday, March 5, 2018.
- The giveaway will be randomly drawn and announced Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
- Sadly, the giveaway is available only for United States residents.
If you have any questions…at all…about the giveaway…just let me know.
Have an AMAZING day!